Pear Gingersnap Smoothie
- 8 ounces water
- 1 scoop Fat Flush Body Protein or vanilla Whey Protein
- 1 pear
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½-inch cube fresh ginger
- Combine water, fruit, ginger and powder in a blender until smooth.
- Add flaxseed oil, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
Don’t forget the Fat Flush Body Protein
or Whey Protein
If you prefer softer chia seeds, add the seeds and water to the blender first; let sit for 1-2 minutes.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.
Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients and place in a covered container.
- Store at room temperature.
Add to your veggies, sprinkle on your salad, use to season your meats, and more!
Makes 4 servings
Spaghetti Squash Pancakes
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 to 2 eggs
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Stevia Plus, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti squash with the egg, cinnamon, and Stevia.
- Heat a nonstick griddle pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray.
- Ladle the squash mixture into the pan in portions of about 2 tablespoons per pancake and cook until small bubbles from on the surface.
- Flip the pancakes over and continue cooking until almost “dry”. Repeat with the remaining batter.
For a savory treat, replace the cinnamon and Stevia with herbs such as minced fresh cilantro, parsley, basil, and oregano.
Adapted from ‘Hot Times: How to Eat Well, Live Healthy, and Feel Sexy During the Change’.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.