Delightful Pumpkin Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 servings
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon SweetLeaf Stevia or Lakanto
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ natural cup unheated honey
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup date sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon mace
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- • In small bowl, combine the almond meal and almond flour with the stevia or Lakanto.
- • Beat the egg with the melted butter and pour into the almond mixture; stir well.
- • Press into a 9-or 10-inch pie plate.
- • As mixture may be sticky, place a layer of plastic wrap over the mixture and press it into the pie plate.
- • When the mixture is evenly pressed into the plate, discard the plastic.
- • Bake the crust about 12 minutes, or until crust just starts to brown; let cool.
- • Fold the honey, maple syrup, and date sugar into the cream cheese.
- • Add the coconut milk, pumpkin, and eggs.
- • Stir in the spices and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- • Pour the filling into the nut crust and bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- • Let cool for 1 hour (pie can be served chilled if desired.)
- • Garnish with a dollop of full-fat whipped cream (optional).
- • Refrigerate leftover pie.