Part of the Fat Flush lifestyle is learning how to cut out the bad, and add in more of the good. You don’t have to sacrifice flavor for health and these are some of our favorite substitutions that prove it:
1. 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds can be used instead of 1 tablespoon of margarine, cooking oil, or butter. (Your baked goods will brown more quickly so either shorten the baking time or lower the oven temperature by 25°F)
2. Substitute 1 tablespoon of cocoa by using 1 tablespoon of carob powder.
3. When baking, use unsweetened applesauce instead of sugar.
4. Use Zucchini Ribbons instead of pasta.
5. Mashed Cauliflower work nicely for mashed potatoes.
6. Use spaghetti squash “noodles” for pasta.
7. Lettuce leaves make delicious wraps (instead of tortillas).
8. Have Kale Chips instead of potato chips.