Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuna Salad
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 (6-ounce) cans of tuna in water, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 medium tomatoes
- Mix tuna, flaxseed oil, celery, onion, and turmeric together.
- Cut off top of tomatoes about ¼ of the way down and save tops.
- Scoop out pulp, drain, and stuff with tuna salad.
- Replace the top of the tomatoes.
Variations: Swap the tuna for salmon or mackerel. Swap the tomatoes with red bell peppers. Try sliced egg in your tuna salad!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.