Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 small leeks, sliced- white part only
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Dried dill to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (3½-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and sliced
- 6 black olives, pitted and minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium, nonstick skillet, sauté leeks, garlic, scallions, and broth until leeks are soft.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Mix dill and water with eggs and pour into the skillet.
- Arrange the artichoke slices and olives on top of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cook over low heat until egg mixture is set— about 8 minutes— shaking skillet occasionally.
- Cover the skillet handle and place under broiler until lightly browned— about 2 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and drizzle with lemon juice.
Make your own no-salt-added Vegetable Broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.