Recipe type: Entree
- ¼ cup no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 pound scallops, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- lemon slices
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the broth over high heat.
- Add the scallops to the skillet, stirring slightly with a wooden spoon and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add shallots, coriander, fennel, cumin, and turmeric to the scallops, and cook for about 3 minutes turning scallops until they are golden or lightly browned.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice before removing from heat.
- Serve hot.
Make your own no-salt-added Vegetable Broth using our recipe!
Adapted from ‘The Fat Flush Cookbook’
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.