1-2-3 Vegetable Broth
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 quarts purified water
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 8 ounces mushrooms cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 bay leaves
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 1 hour.
- Strain and discard vegetables and bay leaves.
- Refrigerate and use within 3 days, or freeze.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.