Artichoke and Herb Egg Bake
Full of fresh herbs, this healthy and delicious egg bake makes an excellent weekend breakfast! Fill up your ramekins with artichokes or any fat flush friendly vegetable you have.
Serves: 4 ramekins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 8 artichoke hearts, quartered, rinsed, and dried
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub butter onto bottom and sides of four ramekins.
- Sprinkle each with the scallions and herbs.
- Place 2 artichoke hearts in each dish.
- Crack 1 egg into each dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 9 minutes or until eggs set.
You can also add tomatoes, asparagus or any fat flush friendly vegetable you have in your fridge.