White Chicken Chili
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- olive oil spray
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Shelton's low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, roasted and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh or dried
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1-2 limes
- Spritz a large skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium heat and add chicken breasts, cooking 4 to 5 minutes per side until both sides are browned and chicken is completely cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Using same skillet, add another sprtiz of olive oil spray. Reheat the pan and add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute until slightly soft.
- Once chicken is completely cooled, shred the meat.
- In a soup pot, add broth, shredded chicken, sauteed vegetables, diced, roasted jalapeno, dry spices and fresh herbs. Bring mixture to boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste and cook for another 15 minutes. Add sweet potatoes to pot and continue cooking until soft.
- Right before serving, add lime juice and stir. Serve and enjoy!