Makes 2 servings
Weekend Turkey-and-Egg Bake
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon fennel, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion, red pepper, dill, fennel, and garlic together until the turkey is cooked through.
- Drain off the liquid and place the mixture in a pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs and parsley; pour over the turkey mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the top is set.
- Garnish with a nice arrangement of tomato slices.
Feel free to experiment with other Fat Flush-approved vegetables!
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.