Thai Curry Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 3 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 12 ounces winter squash, cooked and pureed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fat Flush Curry seasoning (Fat Flush Cookbook, pg. 204)
- Juice of one lime
- Cayenne to taste
- Spritz soup pot with olive oil spray and briefly saute onion, garlic, celery, red pepper and green pepper.
- Add chicken stock, squash and cilantro to pot and simmer.
- Add chicken breast slices to soup pot along with curry seasoning, lime juice and cayenne.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Phase 3 variation: Top with toasted almond slices or organic shredded coconut.