Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano (phase 3)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- Taco seasoning, as desired
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spray a skillet with olive oil spray. Add onions and bell peppers and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in ground beef or turkey and cook mixture until half way done. Add ½ of the taco seasoning mixture. Cook until meat is cooked through. Finish with chopped cilantro, stirring it through.
- To serve, take ¼ of the taco meat and sprinkle over the top of your favorite salad which might include romaine lettuce, sliced onions, tomatoes, avocado/guacamole, bell peppers, green onions, black olives, tomatillos. Dress with your favorite FF friendly dressing or salsa.
- Phase 3 Variation: Add black beans and/or blue corn chips or top with a dollop of plain greek yogurt.