Recipe type: Soup
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spinach, well packed
- 2 & ¼ cups of no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 12-ounce package of tofu
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lime
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook scallions and garlic in ¼ cup of broth for 8 minutes (or until soft).
- Stir in the spinach, cover, and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth, bay leaf, and onion powder.
- Simmer in a covered saucepan for an additional 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Purée the soup in blender, adding parsley or cilantro, tofu, and lemon and lime juice.
- Reheat if needed and serve immediately.
Make your own no-salt-added Vegetable Broth using our recipe!
Adapted from ‘The Fat Flush Cookbook’
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.