Makes 6 servings
- Olive oil spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 14 ounces no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 lime wedges
- Spritz large pot with olive oil and heat over medium-high.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cilantro and lime wedge upon serving.
Make your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth using our recipe!
This recipe can also be made in a slow-cooker! Simply combine all ingredients in the slow-cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
For Phase 3, feel free to add beans and serve with Fat Flush tortillas.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.