Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and seeded (leave skin on)
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 medium jicama, peeled
- 1 small daikon radish, peeled
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup toasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic coconut (optional)
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Marvelous Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons natural honey (optional)
- Using a food processor with a shredding disk, shred the apples, carrots, jicama and daikon radish.
- Place the veggies in a large bowl and toss with green onions, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, coconut (if using) and lime juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. (For a creamier consistency, use a blender or food processor.)
- Mix together veggies and dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. (Mixed salad is best served the same day.)
- Dressing may be made up to 2 days ahead; keep separate, cover and refrigerate.
Make the Marvelous Mayonnaise using our Fat Flush-friendly recipe!
Submitted By: Charli S. (csoar), Forum Moderator Emeritus (7-10-06)
Charli’s Notes: Due to my thyroid issues, I can no longer have cabbage-based slaws. This version satisfies my cold-n-crunchy cravings! 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries makes a nice addition. If you can’t find them, look for Eden’s apple juice sweetened cranberries in Whole Foods, natural food markets or online.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.