Recipe type: Soup
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked
- 5 cups chicken or fish broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 3-ounce cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces (slightly frozen)
- 1 cup large shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup clam meat
- 1½ bulbs of garlic, roasted
- Roast garlic: separate cloves without removing skin. Place in a small dish with 1-2 tablespoons water and drizzle with olive oil. Bake covered at 350F for 30-35 minutes until soft. Squeeze garlic out of skins into a bowl.
- Blend roasted garlic with ½ cup broth until smooth and set aside.
- In a large pot, saute onions until translucent.
- Add garlic/broth mixture and remaining broth to the pot.
- Bring to boil and add cod. Cook for 10 minutes and reduce heat to simmer.
- Puree spaghetti squash with 1 cup broth mixture from pot.
- Add pureed squash, clams and shrimp to the pot.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until clams and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Serve as is or over a bowl of raw spinach.