Makes 1 serving
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces canned light tuna, drained
- ½ cup steamed green beans
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 hard- boiled egg, sliced
- 3 black olives, sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Combine anchovies, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Drizzle in flaxseed oil through the hole in the food processor or blender top.
- Continue blending until dressing is thickened, about 45 seconds; set aside.
- Arrange salad greens on a serving plate.
- Top with tuna, green beans, and tomato wedges; toss with some of the dressing.
- Garnish with sliced egg, olives and lemon wedges.
- Drizzle greens with additional dressing, if desired.
- Best served same day.
Submitted By: Janet (jrural), Forum member (7-1-04)
Janet’s Notes: A simple twist on a classic favorite! It’s yumm with fresh summer tomatoes & green beans! Can use kalamata olives and steamed red potatoes if you are in Phase 3.
This recipe is approved for Phase 2 and 3.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.