Makes 4 servings
- 32 ounces no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, sliced
- 2 cans bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- Cayenne to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a 2-quart stockpot, combine all ingredients except chicken, parsley and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil; simmer about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken, parsley and cilantro; continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, remove bay leaves.
Make your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth using our recipe!
Soup may be stored, covered in the refrigerator for 3 days. May also be frozen.
Submitted By: Julie, Forum Member 5-24-06
Julie’s Notes: My version of chicken noodle soup for all of you with colds and flu’s. The bamboo shoots look so much like egg noodles, they can even fool the kids!I tested this recipe with a 12 year old and no complaints!
This recipe can also be made in a slow-cooker! Simply combine all ingredients in the slow-cooker, and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.