Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen chopped spinach, well drained and patted dry
- 2 scallions, minced
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, scallions, and seasonings.
- Melt butter in a large oven proof skillet and add the egg mixture.
- Cook on the stove over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Place in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the eggs set.
This recipe is approved for Phase 3.
Don’t forget to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.