Makes 4 servings
Fiery Shrimp Skewers
Recipe type: Entree
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Cayenne, to taste
- Olive oil spritz
- 1¼ pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Combine all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large baking dish.
- Add shrimp, toss to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Put shrimp on skewers, place skewers on grill (using a low flame or coals) and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are firm, pink and lightly charred on both sides. Be careful not to overcook!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.