Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons plus ½ cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, onion, garlic, egg, 4 tablespoons of coconut milk, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt.
- Form into golf-ball size meatballs and place on a nonstick broiling pan.
- Broil until meat is browned and no longer pink inside.
- Remove meatballs onto a serving dish and discard fat.
- Pour remaining coconut milk into the pan, making sure to dissolve all browned residues.
- Add cilantro, stirring until blended; pour over meatballs or serve in a bowl on the side.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.
Recipe adapted from ‘The Fat Flush Cookbook’.