Baked Chicken & Artichoke Casserole
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 (5-ounce) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup no-salt-added Chicken Broth
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 black olives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium pot, place chicken breasts and broth and simmer; poach chicken until tender.
- When cooked, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Place chicken, onion, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, garlic, olives, and lemon juice in a medium casserole dish and mix well.
- Cover and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce into the casserole and return to oven for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Mix in cilantro and serve.
Make your own no-salt-added Chicken Broth using our recipe!
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.