Asparagus with Flaxy Lemon-Herb Dressing
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Blanch asparagus spears in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- Plunge the spears in ice cold water to cool quickly; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together for the dressing.
- Drizzle the lemon-flaxseed dressing over the asparagus before serving.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.