40 Clove Garlic Chicken
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 whole roasting chicken (about 6 lbs)
- 40 cloves of garlic (about 4 bulbs) with skin removed
- 1 cup Fat Flush-friendly chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mist the chicken lightly with olive oil spray, sprinkle dill on the chicken and rub until skin is coated.
- Carefully separate the skin from the body on the top of the bird without breaking the skin and insert the bay leaf and two cloves of garlic on each side.
- Place 12 cloves of garlic in the chicken cavity, and add the remaining cloves around the body of the chicken.
- Roast 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 to 90 minutes more or until the juices run clear.
- Remove garlic from the chicken and from the pan. In your food processor, puree the garlic and broth until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring broth mixture to a boil, remove from heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce.