Zesty Mushroom & Asparagus Open Omelet
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup steamed asparagus, chopped and drained
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ dried mustard
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into a preheated, nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat.
- As mixture sets, lift up the edges and tilt the skillet, so that the uncooked egg flows underneath and sets.
- When underside is set (about 2 minutes), turn over with a spatula.
- Cook until the bottom is set and turns golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.