Makes 2 servings
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ pound fresh or frozen asparagus spears, cut up
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- Olive oil spray
- ½ cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup onions, chopped (optional)
- ½ tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Steam asparagus for about 5 minutes until tender; set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl; beat in the cottage cheese and mustard; set aside.
- Lightly spray an ovenproof skillet with the olive oil spray.
- Add mushrooms and onions, if using; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the asparagus.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until it bubbles slightly.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with tomato slices.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.