Makes 4 servings
Tart Cherry Kanten
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 cups tart cherry juice
- ¼ cup agar flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ cup unsweetened dried tart cherries
- In a small saucepan, stir together the cherry juice and agar flakes; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spices, pecans, and cherries; bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to boil for 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- Pour into four parfait glasses and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, until firm.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.