Sweet Potato Salad with Cayenne-Lime Dressing
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ⅓ cup flaxseed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3-4 scallions, finely chopped
- Boil the sweet potato chunks until soft (be careful not to overcook or they will be too soft). Drain water and transfer to a mixing bowl or casserole dish. Add the bell pepper, cilantro and scallions, and mix evenly.
- Whisk the flaxseed oil, lime juice, cayenne and cumin together in a small bowl.
- Toss sweet potato mixture with dressing and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.