Sweet Potato Colcannon
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 pound cabbage or kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup broth
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, roasted or crushed
- dash of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 3 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook cabbage or kale and onions in broth over medium heat until tender.
- Steam sweet potatoes until tender, then cut into cubes.
- Add cabbage and onions mixture and sweet potatoes to blender or mixer and blend until you reach a "fluffy" consistency. Add spices and mix well. Reheat mixture if necessary.
- Just before serving, stir in the flaxseed oil and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Contributed by CSoar, Forum Moderator