Makes 10-12 servings
Delicious summertime gazpacho soup recipe
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 10-12 servings
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 6 Kirby cucumbers, chopped (or 3 large)
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 - 28 ounce can Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 1 - 28 ounce can Muir Glen tomato puree
- 6 lemons, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
- Cayenne, to taste
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl. Mix in diced tomatoes and tomato puree. Add ½ to ⅔ of mixture in batches to a blender or food processor and blend until gazpacho reaches desired consistency. If you like your gazpacho fairly chunky, puree half of the gazpacho and then stir in the remaining half of the chopped vegetables.
- Return gazpacho to bowl; stir in lemon and lime juices, parsley, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne. If possible, refrigerate overnight to let flavors develop. Before serving, correct flavor by adding more lemon and lime juices, apple cider vinegar and cayenne if desired. Sprinkle with additional minced parsley.
- *For Phase 3, top with a dollop of sour cream if desired.