Makes 4 servings
Recipe type: Entree
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Cayenne, to taste (optional)
- Spritz a heavy pot with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook until translucent.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, tomatoes, and cayenne if using.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, spritz with olive oil spray and add shrimp.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add shrimp to vegetables and stir to combine.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.