Makes 4 servings
- Olive oil spray
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 quart no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon Fat Flush Curry Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Arrange eggplant cubes on baking sheet.
- Roast eggplant for about 15 minutes or until softened and browned, turning occasionally to prevent sticking. (Sprinkle with a little broth if needed.)
- Add eggplant and remaining ingredients to a 2-quart pot.
- Bring to a boil; let simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peppers and green onions are softened.
Make your own Fat Flush Curry Seasoning mix and no-salt-added Chicken Broth using our recipes!
Submitted by: Sarah M. (lindentree), Forum Member (3-16-06)
Sarah’s Notes: Zucchini and yellow squash also go nicely in this recipe! The texture is somewhere between a soup and a stew, and it makes a great side dish with sliced steak or shrimp. For a smokier taste, eggplant can also be sliced and cooked on the grill. I needed something that was FREE and UNLIMITED but would FEEL like another meal, if you know what I mean! This one hits the spot.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.