Makes 4 servings
Recipe type: Entree
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ pounds lamb, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and cut into 8 pieces
- 8 small, whole boiling onions, parboiled
- 4 skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, cayenne, oregano, rosemary, onion, and garlic for a marinade and mix well.
- Add the lamb, making sure to coat evenly with marinade.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade and make kebabs by alternating the lamb with mushroom, red peppers, and onions on the skewers.
- Cook over grill or barbecue for 15-20 minutes, turning the skewers repeatedly, until the meat is done and nicely browned.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.