Makes about 1 cup
Hearty Barbecue Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup no-salt-added beef broth, divided
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Stevia
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of broth until tender.
- Add the remaining broth, vinegar, onion powder, Stevia, tomato puree, cayenne, and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Cool and store in the fridge.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.