Makes 8 servings (one 9-inch pie)
Favorite Pumpkin Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¼ cups spelt flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 packet Stevia
- 3 tablespoons Fat Flush Vanilla Whey Protein mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened solid pumpkin
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Fat Flush Vanilla Whey Protein mixed with ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 packets Stevia
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- To prepare the crust: In a medium-size bowl, stir together the spelt flour, salt, and Stevia. In a small bowl, stir together the whey mixture and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well. Form the crust mixture into a ball; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and 1 inch up the sides.
- To prepare the filling: In a large bowl, blend together the pumpkin, 2 tablespoons of the whey mixture, the spices, and the salt. Add the remaining filling ingredients. Mix gently just until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes; lower the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Check the pie after about 25 minutes.
- If the outside gets too brown, cover the edges with foil.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowance.