Makes 6 bars
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup nut flour (I’ve used almond or hazelnut)
- ½ cup Fat Flush Whey Protein (chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 packet Stevia Plus (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened organic nut butter (almond or hazelnut)
- ¼ cup shredded apples or pears
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat bottom of a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients together.
- Add nut butter and fruit.
- Mash together with a fork until mixture can be formed into a ball (You may need to add a bit more fruit or nut butter for dough to hold together.)
- Press firmly into the bottom of baking dish to ensure a densely packed bar which won’t crumble. (dough will come about half-way up pan)
- Lightly cut into 6 equal-sized bars.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, cut again along scored lines.
- With a spatula, carefully remove from pan.
- Wrap bars individually; freeze until needed.
Don’t forget the Fat Flush Whey Protein!
Submitted By: Charli S. (csoar), Forum Moderator Emeritus (2-6-04)
Charli’s Notes: Technically, these are Phase 3. However, compared to alternative energy bars, these have no soy or preservatives while having healthier ingredients. I use them for all phases as my emergency meal replacement! If you can’t find nut flour – MAKE it. In small batches, grind nuts in the blender to “meal” but be very careful NOT to allow them to turn into “butter.” (1 cup nuts = 1 cup nut flour)
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.