Makes 1 serving
Butternut Squashed Fritters
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cooked butternut squash, well drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 scoop Fat Flush vanilla Whey Protein or Body Protein
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Flora-Key
- Spritz a small skillet with the olive oil spray; add water to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Saute the apple slices with the cinnamon, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the apples with the remaining ingredients, except the Flora-Key, until just small chunks remain.
- Lightly coat the skillet again with a spritz of olive oil; heat over medium heat.
- Ladle the squash mixture into the pan by the heaping tablespoon and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Carefully flip the fritter, cooking only until done, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the Flora-Key.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.