Braised Asparagus and Onions
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ⅛ cup chicken broth
- ½ pound asparagus, bias-sliced into 2" pieces
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts, cut into thin strips
- Add onions to medium skillet with spritz of olive oil spray and braise until onions are translucent. Add chicken broth to keep from burning.
- In a medium saucepan, cook asparagus covered in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5-7 minutes or until just tender. Drain and add to onions in skillet.
- Add oregano and garlic powder to mixture and stir to coat. Add water chestnuts and cover and cook about 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve immediately.