Makes 4 servings
Baked Salmon & Tomatoes
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 (5-ounces each) salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir the tomatoes, shallots, lemon juice, oregano and thyme in a medium bowl to blend.
- Spritz the salmon with olive oil spray and place the salmon fillet, oiled side down, atop a sheet of foil.
- Wrap the ends of the foil together to make individual salmon packets.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, to cover completely, and pinch to seal the packet closed. Repeat until all packets have been made.
- Place packets on a large baking sheet and bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.