Thai Curry Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 12 ounces winter squash, cooked and pureed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Fat Flush Curry seasoning (Fat Flush Cookbook, pg. 204)
- Juice of one lime
- Cayenne to taste
- Spritz soup pot with olive oil spray and briefly saute onion, garlic, celery, red pepper and green pepper.
- Add chicken stock, squash and cilantro to pot and simmer.
- Add chicken breast slices to soup pot along with curry seasoning, lime juice and cayenne.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Phase 3 variation: Top with toasted almond slices or organic shredded coconut.
Chicken & Bok Choy Soup
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken broth
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 8 large bok choy ribs with leaves, finely chopped
- 4 stalks broccolini, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Spritz the bottom of large pot with olive oil spray and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is softened and translucent.
- Add water, chicken broth, carrots, bok choy, and broccolini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are slightly tender, about 10 minutes. Add chicken; continue simmering until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
Acorn Squash Smoothie
- 1 scoop Fat Flush Vanilla Whey
- 1 scoop Flora-Key
- ½ cup cooked acorn squash (cooled)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ½ cup cran-water
- Add all ingredients to blender and mix well. Pour into glass and enjoy.
Fat Flush Pumpkin Soup
- 2 lbs pumpkin or other winter squash (can substitute sweet potatoes for 1 lb), cut into small pieces
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne to taste
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- Saute onions and garlic in small amount of stock until onions are clear. Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to boil, then simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse blender in boiling water, then blend all ingredients in batches.
- Variation: Add a dollop of plain yogurt on top for phase 3.
Sweet Potato Colcannon
- 1 pound cabbage or kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup broth
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, roasted or crushed
- dash of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 3 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook cabbage or kale and onions in broth over medium heat until tender.
- Steam sweet potatoes until tender, then cut into cubes.
- Add cabbage and onions mixture and sweet potatoes to blender or mixer and blend until you reach a "fluffy" consistency. Add spices and mix well. Reheat mixture if necessary.
- Just before serving, stir in the flaxseed oiil and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Contributed by CSoar, Forum Moderator