Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1½ pounds turnip greens, washed, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- Cayenne (optional; to taste)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant.
- Add washed and cleaned turnip greens. Mix together and cook until they have wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add cayenne to taste.
- Add chicken broth to the wilted greens and cook until the liquid has all but evaporated.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.