Makes 4 servings
- Olive oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1¼ pound ground lean meat (beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons All-Purpose Seasoning
- 8 large leaves of lettuce, rinsed
- ¼ cup of salsa
- fresh cilantro
- Coat a large skillet with a spritz of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and pepper until softened.
- Add the ground beef and garlic and continue sautéing until the beef is cooked through; drain.
- Stir in the seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the lettuce leaves.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of salsa, green onions, and cilantro.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.