Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup no-salt-added chicken or beef broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium skillet, heat broth over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add lemon juice and serve.
Tip: This recipe makes a delicious companion to any beef entrée, or even on top of a juicy burger or scrambled eggs.
*Adapted from ‘The Fat Flush Cookbook’
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.