Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup no-salt-added beef broth
- 7 garlic cloves, minced and divided in half
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb lean beef round tip steak, sliced thin across the grain
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 bundles of broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- Heat ¼ cup of beef broth and half of the garlic in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook for 5-8 minutes, until browned; remove and place to the side.
- Add remaining beef broth to skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add beef back into the skillet, along with the remaining garlic.
- Mix until heated through and combined.
- Garnish with green onions.
Variation: For a vegetarian option, use vegetable broth and leave out the beef. Feel free to experiment by adding your favorite veggies like peppers, asparagus and mushrooms.
*Note: Remember to include ingredients when calculating daily intake allowances.