Yields about ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or more, depending on desired heat level)
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, grind fennel and anise seeds together with mortar and pestle (or a seed grinder) until most seeds have turned into a powder.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Store in a tightly covered bottle for up to 6 months.
Submitted By: Charli S. (csoar), Forum Moderator Emeritus 8-21-05
Charli’s Notes: Great as a dry rub on fish, chicken or beef!